Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Oil for All (who can pay)

Operation Iraqi Liberation (OIL):
Patrick Cockburn is the author of 'The Occupation: War, resistance and daily life in Iraq', a finalist for the National Book Critics' Circle Award for best non-fiction book of 2006.
Cockburn is being recognized for writing non-fiction. The death and destruction of people and their communities is non-fictin and bring "name and fame" and monetary rewards (not shame). Does any of this money reach the "people of this writing?" The institutions of the West have creative ways to generate wealth.
Seems the designs of the "liberators" are finally being realized. While the US has been saying that what they fear most is a civil war, it has always been my feeling that those statements were generated to "create civil war." "If you hate me you will do exactly what I don't want." Civil war is what they really wanted. History has so instructed us. This is the "way of the West." It was my feeling that what is happening in Iraq can never happen. How wrong I was to mis-judge the evil designs of people and the evil of the practitioners. Very, very sad. I did read the article on the refugees in Kurdistan. I cannot feel what they feel, but what I feel is enough. Now that I have "seen" Iraq, it is my suspicion that this is only the beginning of what is to come.
Layla, if it is not only oil, then what else is it? My reasoning says that everything ultimately redirects our attention to oil.

1 comment:

Alan the Red said...

You're so slow, aren't you?

It's about "British Israel" and the Catholic Church bringing in a thousand year Reich with them running things.

God the incompetent, and his incompetent slaves, have just got to be totally incompetent to even think they can pull it off.

They couldn't even run a piss-up in a brewery.

Hey, get the Pope in his fishes hat. That's the god, Dogon" you know? I wouldn't expect a dog philosopher like you to know those things.